How to Invest in Greenhouses?
own a vegetable greenhouse in Paraguay
Investing in and making profits from a greenhouse is much easier than you might think, as the 3 steps below demonstrate:
Step 1 - Buying the Greenhouse
Your purchase includes 1.23 acres of fully titled land and a 2500m2 greenhouse with all the necessary components for implementation. The greenhouses are produced in Israel and shipped to Paraguay via the South American distributor in Brazil.
While many clients opt to purchase a complete greenhouse, other options are available for investors interested in owning part of a greenhouse (these depend on your country of residence - contact us for more details).
- The land titling process will begin when the full payment has been received and normally takes approximately 6-9 months to complete
- It will take 6 months from the time the funding is received for the greenhouse to arrive on-site
Step 2 - Greenhouse installation, planting & harvesting
Once the greenhouse arrives in Paraguay, our engineers will start installation on the cleared land. The construction of the greenhouse structure and installation of the nano sensor Fertirrigation system will take 1-2 months.
Once installation is complete, the vegetable seedlings (peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, etc.) will be planted, cared for and harvested by our farmers. First harvest is 3 months after planting.
- The state-of-the-art galvanized steel greenhouse is designed for an internal area of 2,400 m²
- Around 6,000 plants will be grown per greenhouse with an average yield per plant of 10 to 15 kg per year
- The mild climate on our farm in Paraguay allows year round production, regardless of the seasons
Step 3 - Selling the Vegetables
All the produce will be sold on the local market. Fruitibars S.A., the 5th largest fruit and vegetable wholesaler in Paraguay, guarantees to purchase of all your produce at market rates.
We estimate a return on investment (ROI) of about 16% per annum from year 1, leading up to 27% in the 10th year of operation. The full 10 year ROI forecast spreadsheet is included in our downloadable brochure.
- To ensure sales continuity and reduce risk, Agri Terra KG (your partner) has acquired a controlling interest in Fruitibars S.A.
- Your greenhouse management company charges a 5% annual management fee on the profit before taxes
- If the client does not make money, the greenhouse investment program partner doesn't make money either